Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dream Car?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by johnnieg, Dec 6, 2002.

1. johnnieg

johnnieg 1/2 ton status

I personally would like a '69 Shelby GT500 and a '70 Chevelle with a 450hp 454 /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Then of course fixing up my Blaze real nice. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

I want another '65 Chevelle Malibu SS. If we ever find a nice one the wife says its OK with her. Thats the reason we met, She was drooling on my car at a gas station

I shold have never sold it /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

my dream car would be a combination of the beach boys songs. the car would be a 32 deuce coupe (my little deuce coupe). the motor would be a 409 with duel quad's (409). with a 4 on the floor tranny /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

66-67 Chev ll Nova.... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

'33 Ford Vicky with Blown BBC, T-400 auto and a Jag rearend. Crusing down Virginia St. in Reno NV on Hot August Nights. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

My Dream car? hehehehe /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif You just asked a good question.
    Well, it just so turns out that i own my dream car, and i'm slowly but surely building it exactly how i want it.
    Seriously... When i was like 15 I met this guy, Todd. He had a 67 RS/SS Camaro with a 454/TH400/9"-4:11's... I first saw the car and the engine was out of it cause he blew it up. I fell in love with the car and became a huge first gen camaro addict or enthusiast because of that car.. I was torn between buying a first gen camaro or a first gen blazer. I really wanted to go 4 wheeling with my dad at pismo with his Chevy powered jeep. So i figured out exactly what i wanted and bought my first gen blazer. I always dreamed about that Camaro that got me into loving first gen's so much. Since before i bought my blazer i've been searching around looking at first gen camaros to buy no question it had to be a Big Block. I always thought about that car...
    I ended up trying to remember where Todd lived, and found his house by memory... car still in the driveway under the cover and he was suprised to see me at his door. We got to be friends for a year and the time came when he started talking about buying a house and selling the car. We made a deal and i ended up owning my dream car. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    He owned the car for 12 years and was really sad to have to sell it, but I still swing by his new house he bought and take him for a ride and show him what new things i've done to the car. /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

8. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

I'd want the same car.... but with the hidden headlights. Friends dad has one. He's the original owner too! It's not a big block though, but everything on it is 100% original (cept the paint, he had that redone cuz of oxidation). Everything just has been rebuilt and such, but nothing totally replaced. Tried to talk him out of selling it but he just laughed at me when I asked. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

9. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Thats sweet dude /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

'68 chevelle - I like that body look, but a '70-'72 with a 396 or 454 would be sweet

'30's or '40's chevy/gmc pickup - restored to original (not slammed/hot-rod pink)

'70-'72 chevy 1/2ton pickup (2wd /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif please don't hate me) - stock height, real strong engine to light up the tires and also be a street-mannered cruiser

My truck with 1 ton running-gear, 454, 38's, no rust, etc.

Sorry, I've got a lot of dream cars...I guess that's why they are "dream" cars. I don't think any of my choices are out-of-reach though.

11. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

That, my friend, is a sweet car. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    I'd want the same car.... but with the hidden headlights.

[/ QUOTE ]
    LOL! Well i guess i got yer car then.

...The first picture the headlights are open...
    Look at the burnout pic and the last one. Mine is an original RS with the hidden headlights. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

...Thanks heavy4X4. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

13. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

That's what I thought, but I couldn't tell if it was a shadow in the others so I assumed it wasn't. Dude... you suck... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

15. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

I'm nuts about Chevelles, any of them. I want my dad's 69 sooo bad, but it was his first car so obviously I cant resonably expect him to let me have it... If I ever do take possesion of a Chevelle it WILL have a thumpin 454 in it...I couldnt stand the thought of being beat by ANY ricer :shudder: /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

16. Frankenstien

Frankenstien 1/2 ton status

64 Impala had one in high school
    327 with the oh so sweet powerglide trans
    not lowridder out /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif
    stock ralleys you know streetable cruiser /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

17. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

here's mine:

'70 chevelle, deep blue with 2 white stripes over the top, non-convertable, GMPP ZZ502, NOS pro shot dual fogger system (500hp shot), richmond 6 speed stick, B&amp;M ratchet shifter, D60 rear w/4.11s, hoosier DOT slicks, full 6-pt. cage,wheelie bars, dual 3" exhaust w/flowmasters exiting in front of the rear tires, skinny hoosier drag front tires, weld draglite wheels, wilwood 6 piston brakes, centerforce clutch, autometer gagues, MSD ignition, holley 14-71 blower, 2 holley 4500 dominator race carbs, gear drive timing set, a pair of simpson drag chutes, 2 simpson platinum series 6 way harnesses, 2 kirkey pro street drag race seats, electric fans, electric water pump, be cool radiator, and blue fuzzy dice with white dots. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

18. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

I also own my dream car.
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    My CURRENT /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gifdream car. Until I get bored with it anyhow......or the $$$$ runs out /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

I wouldnt mind one of these. 1.1 million a pop in the US. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    [​IMG]
    I also wouldnt mind any older Chevy muscle car.

20. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

Someone asked me in another post how the second Chelle is coming along......

Here it is how I bought it. [​IMG]

And the progress made so far. [​IMG]

New SS Dash [​IMG] I hope to have the 454 done in February. Paint it in May........driving it in June.