Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dremel cutting accesories

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Bubba Ray Boudreaux, Oct 18, 2002.

1. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Is there a Dremel accesory that will slice and dice a rotor real good?

2. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

A rotor as in a brake rotor? That's some heavy duty metal we're talking about. But, there are many discs out there for the Dremel tool made for cutting metal. Stay away from the composite material cutting discs. They probably won't work. There is a company (blanking on the name) that sells cutting wheels (little metal discs with wicked little teeth) for Dremel tools. Your local hardware store should have them next to the Dremel accessories. They work well for cutting through bolts and whatnot. A rotor...I'm not sure.

3. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

Man thats thick as all H3LL for a dremel to cut! I'm thinking Plasma torch or band saw, hi-pressure water knife! Why do ya need to cut a rotor?
    /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gifBill

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Grinding out the inside to fit over an axle flange. I found the tool, worked great but I would still be out there. So I went at with the grinder, got a good solid heavy cutting disc that took me about an hour, but it's gonna take a lot more work, so I think I'm gonna go back to Thumper's design since that looks like it would be better.