Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

DREMU

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 77crewcab, Aug 16, 2004.

1. 77crewcab

77crewcab 1/2 ton status

Hey sorry I can't pm. I don't know what the boot is supposed to looklike the old booster I had didn't have one. The picture I see in the Haynes manual when they talk about removing the booster makes it look like a CV boot on a FWD car (only thing I could compare it to) that goes on the back of the booster over the rod and comes through the firewall with the rod. Due to the year 77 year model it may be different. I think it should be like this cause the whole around the rod to the pedal is much larger and open to the engine bay so I gues it acts like a protection barrier to keep things from getting in the booster and to seal up the firewall. If this is what you were talking about, or if it would do the same job then I would love to have it. Just let me know and I'll get you my address. I was going to go to some of my favorite yards this week to try and find one.

2. 77crewcab

77crewcab 1/2 ton status

Hey I think I figured out what it is I need by looking at the pictures of boosters on partsamerica.com and the napa site only to realize it was probably on the origional and I didn't pull it of before turning it in as a core. You said what you had was kinda a plastic tube, does it slide over the rod on the back of the booster and have like a bellows where it meets the firewall? If so then that is what I need.