Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dried mud in rims = no fun

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Blazinaire, Feb 24, 2003.

1. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

I suddenly feel for all of you who suffer from death wobble /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif. This weekend I was doing some mud runs at Ducttapes house and didn't bother to hose out my rims before the 40 mile drive home. I figured something bad would happen being that I can tell when my wheels are 4 ounces out of balance and they now had several pounds of mud dried inside them /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif. Well it was vibrating a little on my way to the freeway but the vibrations were tolerable... but as soon as I got over 50 MPH the truck was bouncing so violently the wheels were hopping off the ground /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif I had to pull off the freeway and chizel the mud out of my rims (my poor polished aluminum wheels /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif) and then the rest of the ride home was OKAY /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif. Well at least I know better for next time! /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. schmuck

schmuck 1/2 ton status

done that before

3. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

Hehe! Here in the midwest you learn that pretty quickly /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif You won't get too far with mud in your rims. Most guys keep wooden paint sticks in their rigs for scraping the mud out before the trip to the carwash!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

4. ducttape114

ducttape114 1/2 ton status

HAHAHHAHAHAH. ducttapes mud pit strikes again!!!!!!! i try and just stay out of the damn thing cuz it causes so many problames!!! how far dd you get before you had to pull over and scrap????

5. OFFRDK5

OFFRDK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

But sometimes the mud helps the tires balance if they are out of balance already!!! If I have to run through mud I always run through some water afterward to clean the mud off.

6. 89K1500Chevy

89K1500Chevy 1/2 ton status

yep i did that one night and had so much of the stickest Gooeyest mud ever in all 4. I hit 20mph and the truck went crazy. I pulled over and was like WTF i thought i had a tree stuck up under the front agin but then i remebered i hadnt run over any that night. So i got my flashlight and the whole inside of the wheels was packed in Mud so i scaped as much as i could out and drove 30mph till i got to the nearest pressure wash house and cleaned them out. /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif www.zombieoffroading.8m.net