Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Drilling spring perches

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 4whler, Apr 4, 2004.

1. 4whler

4whler Registered Member

Can you drill a new hole in your spring perches on a d60 1" back to move your axle forward.If not what is the best way. I searched to no prevail.

2. Okiemuddog

Okiemuddog 1/2 ton status

I would not want to drill on a D60, I would buy a set of ORD Z-rates and use the offset holes to move it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

k, this is a good question.

a few people have made thier own blocks and plates to move the axle FWD. ne being BadDog. he has pics in his thingy i think.

anyway, i used ORD zero rates. then since im using a 2 inch longer shackle, and needed to move the hole in the spring plate fwd as well i decided just to buy some shimmed spring plates.

anywhoo. you would be better of using zero rates of one type or another. this is a good time to look into shimming if needed as well.
    Grant

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I redrilled my D60 perches 1.25" back to move the diff forward. No problem...

Why make a job 10 times more difficult than it needs to be? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Rene

5. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I redrilled mine with no problems at all. I use my rig hard too. I also moved it 1.25" forward.

Go for it. Its cheap and easy to do and you dont have too mess around with blocks and longer bolts.