Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

drilling through Line-X?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jekbrown, Oct 3, 2003.

1. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

who has Line-X and has needed to drill a hole through it (for whatever reason). I want to do my s-10 inside and out but at some point I'll surely need to have a hole in the body somewhere. Doesnt seem like it would be a problem, but Id like to hear it from someone thats done it. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

j

2. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Numerous holes drilled in mine for various things (roll cage is the latest). Nothing to it. The holes drill cleanly and it's easy.

3. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

Have it in the bed of my tow rig. Nothing to it, had to drill 10 holes in it to mount my 5th wheel hitch rails. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

cool, thats what I figured but thanks for confirmin' it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif BTW, does the manufacturer say anything about the mounting of a roll cage over the top of Line-X? In my case, Im going exo so it doesnt really matter to me... but I was just wondering what they say about it.

j

5. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Depending on how you mount the cage, it shouldn't matter. I think it's better to have a barrier between the cage and floor if you don't weld it in. I'm bolting my cage in with plates underneath so the Line-x doesn't need to be removed (in order to weld the top plates to the top of the floor). Line-x is a PITA to scrape off.

It will melt a bit (gets thick and gooey) if you weld to close to it for too long.

6. reeser

reeser 1/2 ton status

easy easy easy. i even used some cheapo self tapping sheetmetal screws and they chewed right through it. EASY!!!

7. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Yep, drilled on mine numerous times, and rhino liner in the old truck. Did great!