Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

drinking rant

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Seventy4Blazer, Dec 3, 2003.

1. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

ok, so im staying with my folks for the past two weeks. thank god i leave tonight. i have been at the bar till 2ish every night. i have one drink then i come home. im driving my dads miata. last night i got to drunk to drive home, let alone make it to my friends house then drop him off and back home. we stayed where we were. i personaly think not driving drunk and not getting ANOTHER DUI in someone elses car and not wrecking thier car would be the right thing to do. but my folks are both pissed off. i fukn hate this town, i want to go back to my house and weill be there in a while.

sorry, just had to vent.
    Grant

2. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Stayin' put is the smart thing. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I usually drink at home, or take a cab, or have a des. driver. Trouble is, with most of my buddies...we forget who the driver is and have to take a cab anyway. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Parents can be asshats too.

When i was still living at home they told me if I ever had too much to drink and needed a ride home or anything to just call home...even if it was really late. Like an idiot I thought they were sincere and called home one night at about 2 am. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif I got bitched out over the phone for my trouble instead...so I just slept in the car near the bar. Then I got bitched at even more when I finally rolled in at about 7 am (sober, safe etc etc)

Rene

4. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

dont worry grant soon ull b back in yuma driving drunk /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif j/k

5. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Best you stayed where you were. Sounds more like your parents are unhappy w/ you for other reasons. My Mom used to get that way 'till I told her I was a flippin' adult and to get over it /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

John

6. Seventy4Blazer

[ QUOTE ]
    Stayin' put is the smart thing. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I usually drink at home, or take a cab, or have a des. driver. Trouble is, with most of my buddies...we forget who the driver is and have to take a cab anyway. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    i fully agree. normaly i only have one then quit. for some reason i had WAY more than one last night. oh, it was the two chicks that took us home and played drniking games with.
    no, didnt get laid.
    i prefer to drink at home. cost less and is easier to get home. cant get a DUI for walking though your own house.
    i would have stayed home, but its my folks place.
    Grant

7. Seventy4Blazer

[ QUOTE ]
    Best you stayed where you were. Sounds more like your parents are unhappy w/ you for other reasons. My Mom used to get that way 'till I told her I was a flippin' adult and to get over it /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

John

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, i tolde her that yesterday, i do thik that has a part to do with it.
    Grant

8. Seventy4Blazer

[ QUOTE ]

John

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, i tolde her that yesterday, i do thik that has a part to do with it.
    Grant

9. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

grant you dont need to lie to these ppl. When we drank at the bowling alley you were double fisting drink. Oh wait they were really little drinks /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

nick

10. Seventy4Blazer

well, that is true...
    the thing is i wasnt driving. well, ok, i didnt have to drive if i didnt need/couldnt.
    the past 2 weeks i got drunk twice, both nights i drank over a 5th. i have not done that in a long time. i dont need to go back to it. so the house, once i get back, is gonna be dry for a while. and ill have work to do to keep me from drinking as well.
    Grant

11. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

Dealing with the parent's temporary upset is waaaaayy more tolerable than dealing with no licence,jail,huge fines etc...for a year. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif You definitely made the right choice! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

to hell with what your parents say Grant. You made the right choice. Also I must give ya a big /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif for sticking to your drinking habit of only one then pop.
    Great to finally meet ya too. til next time... RACK 'EM BITCH! /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

13. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Your right,You did the right thing for not driving drunk.Could you imagine waking up in jail or the hospital and finding out that you hurt or killed someone in an Accident /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif