Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Drive flanges w/ 205 tcase & a locker?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 8_YOUR_H2, Oct 17, 2002.

1. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

Is any one running drive flanges with a part time 205 tcase and some sort of a locker in the front? The front axle I bought has drive flanges on it and my tcase is a part time 205. I also have a stock track lock lsd in the front.

Does anyone think I will have problems with this setup? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

2. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

I'm running flanges part of the time on mine with a 241 and a lockrite in the front. With the flanges, even when you are in 2wd, your turning gets a little worse. Same as if you drove with the hubs locked in for a day. If you are open in the front, no big. I like the flanges for simplicity, but I like my WARN Premiums that replace the flanges for keeping my sanity /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

3. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

That axle is from a full-time 4WD applicaiton. It's easy to remove the flanges and install locking hubs. Then just toss the flanges in the tool box, for use as spares if you manage to break a locking hub on the trail. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif Your Track Loc clutches will wear out much quicker if you leave the drive flanges installed all the time and do much street driving.

4. rodzzilla

rodzzilla 1/2 ton status

I don't see a problem with that. I plan on running a simular set up. Where did you get the front from?

5. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

I am getting it from Dougs tomorrow. They are being friendly about it, I am sure the $800 I am shelling out has somthing to do with it. They are taking my 10 bolt rear and 208 tcase and dropping $200 off the $1000 original quote they gave me plus they are putting a warranty on it. Then the gears and install kit are going to be here on tuesday and ITP should have them done by friday...so I could be wheeling by the end of the month!

6. HarryH3

For that price I sure hope that you're getting a Dana 60! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

7. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

Yep, its a 60! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. HarryH3

/forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. rodzzilla

rodzzilla 1/2 ton status

Great! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif $200 for a 10 and a 208? Should have started a collection to get it for nothin' /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif