Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Drive-in movie locations......

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by dontoe, Jun 11, 2006.

1. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

2. MNorby

MNorby 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

3. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

We used to go to the one in 29 Palms when I was stationed out there. I think it was like 4 bucks a person but it was a whole lot better than 10 bucks a person. I like it better becasue your sitting in your car, you can get comfortable and if your not driving you can drink. Used to pull the top off the blazer and take it and let the kids sit and play in that while me and the wife sat in her car and watched the movie quietly.

4. baldamish

baldamish 1/2 ton status

Me and the girlfriend usually take the blazer down (about a block away) at least once a month, at $15 a truck, it's still cheaper then the theater, and you can smoke and cuddle:wink1: .....i swear that's her thing, not mine!! I've been going since my dad had a 78 chevy caprice wagon (yeah, woodgrain baby!) i love going, and with the top off, a few blankets and pillows, you can get as cumfy as on your own couch!! The one by me gives you a card with a channel to tune in to on the radio and depending on your stereo, could be better then dolby surround!! They are hard to find, but i'm surpised with the boom in custom cars and trucks that there isn't a bit of a resurge in them, plus families would save alot of money going there with several kids!!

5. OrangeCrushK10

OrangeCrushK10 1/2 ton status

43 miles away is the closest one.

There USED to be 6 in my town.

Stupid developers and people not going to drive-ins.

Wonder how much it would be to build and run a drive-in.....

6. MNorby

MNorby 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

There have been so many torn down around here in the last 10 years. Cody shut down a year ago. Casper, Lovell, Basin, 2 in Cody, Thermopolis, Billings, etc etc etc.... Powells was recently bought out and restored nicer and such so hope it is here for the long haul.

7. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

3 Miles from my work , on the edge of Scottsdale and the Salt River Pima Indiam Community is a 6 screen drive-in . We go when its not too hot in the spring .

When its 100 degrees at 7pm , I don't like sitting there idling for 90 minutes :)

8. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Haven't been a drive in movie,since the first Austin Powers came out. Union City,CA. :crazy:

9. Uncle Fester

Uncle Fester 1/2 ton status

I have heard that the Drive Inn at 88th and Rosemary in Commerce City is for sale.....even includes a house for the owner to live in...and tiny 4x4 jumps for during the day :bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

10. blazinzuk

blazinzuk Buzzbox voodoo Premium Member GMOTM Winner

We have two in our town in all reality they are not very nice but are just alright. Its 6 bucks a person for two movies and they are packed on Friday and sat. night. I don't think they will be going anyplace soon

11. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

There's one accrost the river over in Council Bluff's. You can see the screen just fine from the service road on the back side of the car lots, and hear it by tuneing your radio into a certin channel. Might have too watch a free movie in the next few weeks or so.

12. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

Out of the 20 drive-ins around Kansas City only 3 are still open:( .

Always had a good time at the drive-in.