Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

drive line ? and an update

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by eric22, Jul 14, 2004.

1. eric22

eric22 1/2 ton status

thanks for the help on my lift ??s i went with the 6" ord lift, hd shackles, greasable (pain in the ass) bushings /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif, and a few other things... the install on the lift went pretty smooth except for 2 things, one the cone nuts on the steering arm really sucked, all but the last one cane off so we just tourched it off... the second and huge slowdown was that we ran out of oxygen... on a sunday!! no place to fill... but it got done /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

so since then ive been trying to get my tires and rims all set, and ive finnally got em, i got ssr 35x14.5 r16.5 with some 16.5x10 rims...

ill have pics soon as soon as i can

ok so heres my question, now with the six inch lift on, there is mad vibrations comming, i guess from the rear shaft, i have heard a fix would be installing a shim?, and or lowering the Transfer case, is that right?

also i wanted to know a ballpark price on how much a shop might charge to do that, just because it might save me some time, and i dont want to get ripped, cause there isnt too mant 4x4 or drive line shops around here

thanks /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

2. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

Theres not much to lowering the t-case, all you have to do is unbolt one bolt from the right or left side of the crossmember then loosten the other so that it lowers the whole thing then replace the bolt that you took out with the 1" spacer that is on top of the frame rails then do that to the other bolt then to the other side of the crossmember, I would try that be for you try using a shim.
    Let me know if you have any more q's.
    -Chris

3. eric22

eric22 1/2 ton status

cool, that dosent sound bad at all, thanks bro, hopefully i can this thing drivable by next week /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

4. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    hopefully i can this thing drivable by next week

[/ QUOTE ]

ive been saying that for the last two weeks. Lift is done for me just need to put on my new front shaft, and rework the exhaust. The front shaft hits the damn crossover pipe

Oh My new front shaft with NEW CVS and Ujoints ran me 275 so youll be about the same for the rear.

5. 85mudblazin

where did you get your cv shaft from?? I need one for the rear.

6. eric22

eric22 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

ive been saying that for the last two weeks. Lift is done for me just need to put on my new front shaft, and rework the exhaust. The front shaft hits the damn crossover pipe

[/ QUOTE ]

ya same here, i also have a 90, and the front shaft is a whole other problem for me, u know with the pipe and all, for now i just want to get the rear right so i can drive it, ill have the crossover pipe moved in a couple weeks

btw by cvs, you mean well, some kind of rear shaft... fill me in, should i get 1

7. eric22

eric22 1/2 ton status

also, drivable... hehehe

since the lift 3 weeks ago, it went from my friends shop .5 mile, to my house.... to the tire shop... 1 mile, then it went on a tow truck with a locked ignition (dont ask how they did that, i dint need a key for me) to the chanic /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif, so hopefully by friday ill have my key turning, the tires and rims on, and this weekend the shafts /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

8. 85mudblazin

Here is what the cv shaft looks like that I want to get.
    CV shaft
    You can run your t-case at what ever angle you want and it wont vibrate as long as the pinion is pointed right at the t-case with this shaft, I wanna get one because my shaft is all screwed up and I want to make a flatbelly underneath.

9. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I have no problems with mine at all , but that one is BETTER , you'll be happy /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif