Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

DRIVE LINE MODS WHEN DOING A 6"LIFT??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by y5mgisi, Jan 7, 2003.

1. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

DRIVE LINE MODS WHEN DOING A 6\"LIFT??

I am about to put a 6" lift on my /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif ('80,3/4 ton, long bed, 4x4 ). And my question is this; will my drive lines be long enogh, at least until I can aford to have them lengthend? what do you think? by the way the front has a CV joint at the T-case end and the back has the slip yoke at the transfer case if that makes a difference. will the rear drive line be OK for a week or so of daily driving? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif And once again thanks so so so veary much for all info.

Oh and please take special note of my new qote

2. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

Re: DRIVE LINE MODS WHEN DOING A 6\"LIFT??

Anybody???????? hello???

3. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

The front shaft should fit but you'd be better off with one of the driveline spacers. and the rear will be close, and it will need to be lengthened, you don't want it on there for long cause it can tear up the rear of the t-case.

4. madmike

madmike 1/2 ton status

My truck is a 1980 1/2t long bed 4x4, and I have a 6" suspension lift also. I have recently converted it to D60/14bff. The front drive shaft appears to be the correct length, but I did have to grind the lugs that limit motion at the CV joint end. My rear driveshaft is definitely too short, probably needs lengthened 1-1 1/2". Mines a slip yoke too, and there just isn't enough spline engagement to keep it wobble free. You will be OK for a little while, but I wouldn't drive it too long before lengthening the shaft.

I haven't lengthened my rear driveshaft yet because I plan on changing the slip yoke to a fixed one, then I'll have a shaft built. Hope this helps!