Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Drive Shaft Angles

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by STV, Sep 17, 2001.

1. STV

STV Registered Member

I have a 91 full size blazer with 2-1/2" lift and 33" tires. I would like to put 35's on it. Should I just put a body lift or go with a suspension lift. If a suspension lift, what do you guys do to help with drive shaft angles. Mine is already hard on the rear ones.

2. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

You can either lower your transfer case or you can do a shackle flip (which give you a 4" lift in the rear with stock springs and ease the angle on your rear driveline). If you have just a 2 1/2" lift, you will need to either trim your fenders or go with a bigger lift to fit 35's on the trail.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.moabdadc22.alloffroad.com/>http://www.moabdadc22.alloffroad.com/</a>Real four wheelers don't need tools to remove body panels, paint, tail lights..etc.

3. CV202

CV202 1/2 ton status

You could also shim the rear axle so the pinion points up towards the T case, this will help ease some angle woes. Dropping the T-case is definitely a good idea as well. Or you could talk to Jesse at Highangle Driveline and get some sweet custom shafts....

Why do people keep calling it a Bronco!!!!! [​IMG]

4. Mreetz

Mreetz 1/2 ton status

I have a 4" lift and I dropped the transmission down to help with the driveline vibrations. They are all gone now!

1984 K-5
    4" lift
    35x12.5 MTs
    buildin a 400 for it, any info greatly appreciated