Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Drive-shaft extensions??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BLzr4x4ngkid, Mar 13, 2000.

1. BLzr4x4ngkid

BLzr4x4ngkid 1/2 ton status

I'm wanting to put a 6" lift on my Jimmy. Where can i get drive shaft extensions? I need to find out who i can get them from or if it would be cheaper to buy a new driveshaft. Where could i get them from?
    Thanks,
    Alex

"What me get stuck? NEVER!!"(Famous last words)

2. Goose

Goose 1/2 ton status

Alex, I used to live in Wichita and used a drive-line shop for my drive shafts. I can't remember the name, but they are on a side street off of West St. and south of Kellogg. There is another truck place further down the street as well and they almost share a parking lot. Both of them deal mostly with heavy trucks, but will be happy to deal with you. Also, you may call "Off-Road Motorsprts in Wichita, they should be able to point you in the right direction.316-686-3478
    As far as drive shaft extensions..never heard that phrase. I would go with new shafts. If your K5 has any kind of miles on it, the slip joints are probably worn anyway.

I did some digging and found an old credit card statement from "Truck Parts & Equipment" and another from "Power drive Inc" I think these are the two companies I was talking about. Good luck

3. Corey-88K5

Corey-88K5 1/2 ton status

Home: Michigan, Stationed: Hill AFB (Home of Moab.
    The problem with extensions are that as far as I know, they are only available for square flange mounts, and they will increase your driveline angle. Get a new shaft!

Corey
    88K5

[​IMG]<font color=blue>Girls Like Guys In Bow Ties</font color=blue>
    <font color=red>http://www.geocities.com/corey_perez

4. Waxer

Waxer 1/2 ton status Author

Or if your shafts are in good condition (which the driveline shop will tell you) then you can simply get them retubed. When I did the NP205 swap, I had to get the front shaft shortened ($40 bucks) and the rear shaft had to be lengthened ($100 bucks) A lot cheaper than getting an entire new shaft, which the front shaft cost me $300 when I had it made from scratch. Hope this helps you....