Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Drive shaft length...whats the proper way

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BowtieBlazer, Oct 29, 2003.

1. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

When building or having a custom shaft built how do they find the proper length or what is the proper way to find the length of the shaft....fixed and slip yoke...

This includes taking into account droop and compression...haven't seen this covered before

2. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Talk to Jesse at High Angle driveline...................

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Measure from center of yoke to center of yoke. They should figure the rest. Mine is 52" long IIRC

4. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

I plan on contacting him soon, I guess I should say I am more interested in the technical stuff considered behind selecting the right length, compression etc....seems like not many people know this hence why i am asking as i do not know but would like to be enlightened

seems like the center yoke to center yoke would be simple but as a slip yoke do you extend the output shaft line imaginarily a few inches and take into acount the angle of the driveline or what?