Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Drive shaft lengthened?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 86blazerk5, Aug 21, 2000.

1. 86blazerk5

86blazerk5 1/2 ton status

Hey guys, I recently had my truck lifted 4 inches. It was a Roiugh country 4 inch lift. They lowered the t-case an inch and everything, however, the Place where they installed it said they were worried that the drive shat was sticking out far. About 1.5 inches. Now, the truck will settle some, but they recomened that if it is still like that, I should get the shaft lengthened. Some of you have already herad this storry from me, however, I have encluded a picture of it this time so you can all have a look at how much it is out and tell me weather it needs to be lengthened or not.
    Thanks
    Ike

Jeep, what every boy dreams of... K5 what every man owns!!!

2. slodawg

slodawg 1/2 ton status

3. 86blazerk5

Sorry guys, i always have trouble trying to attach imahes with these things. Thanks for your pacience.
    Ike

4. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

Yeah, it definately looks like it is sticking out way too far. I would recommend you getting your shaft lengthen. Take it to a good drive shaft place and they'll know what to do. I would run out and look at my truck, but it is at the exhaust shop right now. But I know that it doesn't stick out at all. Good luck.
    Boss

5. 86blazerk5

Thanks guys,
    I called rough Country to see what they said about it today, they said it is finre for the road but that I would need to get it lengthened before I do any offroading. They also said that it was shoter becuase it was a Blazer(Shorter wheel base) compared to a pickup(Longer wheel base)
    Thanks for all of your help.
    Ike