Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

drive shaft on exhaust

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by '89 bucket, May 2, 2005.

1. '89 bucket

'89 bucket Registered Member

i installed a 4" lift on my truck and the kit suggest droping the transfer case down,
    i noticed that the front drive shaft is already closer than i would like to the cross piece to the exhaust
    if i go any lower i will surely have to modify the exhause crossover
    has anyone ever had this problem??

also, in the installation of the lift there were a few parts that i had to cut off or that were lost,,,, nuts and bolts,,,, where can i get replacements for these??
    HELP!

2. Joshinator

Joshinator Registered Member

Most common nuts and bolts can be replaced at your local hardware store. My local Lowes store has a huge selection of all sorts of fasteners in different grades.

3. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

I don't think there's any reason to drop the transfer case down for only a 4" lift. You probably can just leave it, might not even have to mess with your drivelines. I didn't.

4. Joshinator

Joshinator Registered Member

He made a good point, in fact, i have about 4" of lift and i have my T-case raised up higher than the factory location with no noticable driveline vibes.

5. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

4" you shouldn't worry about droping the t case. But with a 6 I had to. As for the exhaust I had the y pipe routed arround the d shaft for a temporary fix. Headers and true duals will fix that.