Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Drive Shaft Question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by drop the hammer, Apr 18, 2007.

1. drop the hammer

drop the hammer 1/2 ton status

Well it finally happened, I blew up to 700-R4 dog-o-matic:doah: , it was only a matter of time. Anyway I am finally starting my 465 205 swap and I am going to the junk yard this weekend to get a crossmember and maybe some driveshafts. Correct me if I'm wrong but the front shaft shouldn't be a problem, just find a 1 ton 4x4 (what my combo came out of) packing the 465 and 205 and I should be set. As for the rear shaft, my 205 has a fixed yoke, so now I gotta find one of those funny slipable drive shafts. Just trying to save a buck and get one and have it made to lenght instead of custom ordering, and wandering what shafts from what vehicles have you used so I can try and score one.

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Basically , if its the same era , the front shaft is the same . They changed them around the late 70's , from yoke to flange .

You want a rear shaft off a 70's truck with a 205 or 203 if you want a slip in the shaft to work with a fixed yoke .

3. drop the hammer

drop the hammer 1/2 ton status

this site is a life saver, now I know what I am looking for:bow:
    I have also heard that jeep J-10's rear shafts are an option, any truth to this