Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

drive shaft questions?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by k5 krawler 50, May 20, 2004.

1. k5 krawler 50

k5 krawler 50 1/2 ton status

Hey i am getting ready to install my 6 inch lift, how many of you guys had your drive shafts lengthened and how much longer is it now, and roughly how much did it cost you? Thanks.
    Cory.

2. offroad87

offroad87 Registered Member

i have a 6 inch on mine, i got it lenghthened but i still couldt get the angles right so i just went with a cv driveshaft. oh just to get it lenthened around 90-120 bucks. cv driveshaft 340 after shipping if you get the elcheapo like i did.

3. bigbadchev84

bigbadchev84 1/2 ton status

The driveline shop here charges $35 plus u-joints to shorten drive shafts, it is cheaper to shorten than lengthen, if i were you i would find one out of a short or longbox /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

find one that is too long and have it cut down, its easy to find longer shafts, make sure diameter of ends of donor shaft are the same though as your yokes youre using

5. k5 krawler 50

k5 krawler 50 1/2 ton status

I have some 7 degree shims.. they might be a little different the 7 but i think thats what they are, so you think if i use those or get some others that will help, cuz i already planed on the lengthen, and wish i would have already thought of the shortening method first. Well what do u think about the shims and the lengthening? Thanks for your help.
    Cory.