Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Drive shaft questions

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by MOABDADC22, Oct 9, 2003.

1. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

I have an 86 GMC Jimmy. I am needing both front and rear shafts (which should be no problem if another member would reply to my PM'S /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif)

It has a 350/400/208/12/44. Will any K5 drive shaft work or are they different depending on year trans/xfer case/ axles?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as these are the only parts I am lacking (aside from a 208 skid plate and the torque rod). If you have these parts...................let me know a price. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

2. doctor4x4

doctor4x4 1/2 ton status

my experience is thare all different get us some measurements and i am sure I or some one here can help ya
    about the 208 skid plate and long supposrt rod yea i got em shoot a pm with a offer
    R

3. cityfarmer2

cityfarmer2 Guest

I have both out of a 3/4 ton CUCV front is same as 1/2 ton variety but rear is not. Let me know if you want them free just postage. 96271(korea) that is why free postage will be pricey.

4. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

If the truck is stock any 400/208 combo driveshaft is going to work (1 ton's and CUCV's are the more common source) but they may be a little short due to the D60 that was normally in the front compared to the 44 you have. For the rear shaft you will probably have to have one made or modified because the 400/208 combo did not come in the blazers.

On second thought... There are some 6.2 diesel 3/4 ton pickups/burbs that came with a 400/208 that might be a better source for a front driveshaft.