Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

drive shaft?s

Discussion in 'Plains Region' started by greywolf, Sep 20, 2002.

1. greywolf

greywolf 1/2 ton status

putting 6" (springs allaround) lift on sunday got everything but ds.
    i need to know how long? rear?and front?please help!!!! /forums/images/icons/confused.gif
    i6,465,205 and 10bolts for now.i have 44 waiting to be converted to 8 lug and 14 bolt ff 373s

2. TXBIGFISH

TXBIGFISH 1/2 ton status

I don't know what length to be exact but when I was thinking about a 6" I was told I would need to lengthen the shafts. I talked to the guys at "The Off Road Shop" and they said they could do it for about $200-300 for both shafts. I think he said they need to lengthened 2-3" not sure though. Might want to check them out.
    Also, I know of a pretty good shaft shop in Mesquite if your interested.

3. greywolf

greywolf 1/2 ton status

this is a bear.i went from 208 to 205 everything is rebuilt
    got the lift and everything else but no shafts. f me the rear shaft is short big time /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

4. j20m715

j20m715 1/2 ton status

Hey George
    Your best bet is to install the springs & then measure. If your old shaft is in good shape they can retube it. If you put the 14 bolt in now you wont have to have your "new" shaft shortened later. The 14 bolt's yoke is longer than a 10 bolt.Dont bother with The off-road shop, they will rip you off.
    Inland truck parts, they are downtown Dallas but they are good & have a fair price. Hows the truck coming ?