Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Drive Shaft Shops in Phoenix

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by chevy_addict, Mar 4, 2005.

1. chevy_addict

chevy_addict 1/2 ton status

What drive shaft shops in Phoenix area can you guys recommend? I think my rear drive shaft needs to be balanced.

Thanks
    Dave

2. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Anything but "AZ Drivelines", "GloeCo", or whatever name they are using at the time. Lots of bad press on them and I've seen first hand several pieces of their shoddy work and lies. Some here have had good *luck* (IMO) with them, but lots of problems. Just talk to Fred (FWP) on here. Or better yet, search for "AZ Drivelines" or "Oscar" to see the past threads...

That's about all I can offer. I don't know of any to particularly recommend.

3. bdozeraz

bdozeraz 1/2 ton status

I've had good luck with Dick's Driveshaft. They are reasonably priced, haven't had any issues with the quality of their work and they usualy give me next day service.

Brent

4. nau81blazer

nau81blazer 1/2 ton status

Try and stay away from Mesa Driveshaft also, unless money is no issue to you. The do pretty good work, but charge too much IMO.

--Adam

5. chevy_addict

chevy_addict 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the input, it looks like Dick's is the place to go.

6. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I have delt with Dick's Driveline also. Good shop with fair prices.

Harley

7. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

I bought a 27" spline slip from them one time to fab up an old driveshaft. I had good luck with them, but it sounds like I'm the only one. Won't make any future purchases from them...

8. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I guess I lucked out too , I didn't deal with Oscar I don't think . I have repalced u-joints this last year , but so far the shaft has worked out on DD/Amigo trips /f242 , but I am knocking on wood as I type . Just based on what I heard I won't go back , and my warranty is up now anyway , time fly's .

I have used Mesa Driveshaft years ago when someone I knew worked in the tranny shop in the same plaza , but that was around 1993 and it was for a 2wd truck . The one Marv got recently looks allright however :k5: :k5:

9. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

Driveline Service of Phoenix is the place that 4wheelers uses and many fabricators use also. THey know their craft and have fair prices. I know they moved but Randy should have their number. When I had my rear suspension built the axle was moved back 6 inches. Randy sent the shaft (an HAD item) to them to have it retubed.:D

10. mosesburb

mosesburb For Rent Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I've used Driveline Service of Phoenix for about 15 years and have yet to have a problem. Give Ron or Jerry a call 602.273.7300. Excellent customer service and they both are extremely knowledgable.

11. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

A guy at my shop just got one of their shafts the other day. I was impressed. Good welds, nice steel, fast service and the best price for the product(he shopped around for a week). I think I will be going to them.