Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Drive Shaft Troubles

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 77JimmyMan, Nov 15, 2001.

1. 77JimmyMan

77JimmyMan Registered Member

Ok guys Im hoping you all can help. I just finished putting 4"lift springs in my 77' GMC Jimmy. After getting the back ones in, to my dismay the drive shaft is know about an 1" too short fully extended. This is my first time lifting a truck so bear with me. I was hoping you guys may know of a shaft from another truck that would fit or how long to have it made. Come on guys share youre knowledge.

2. prjt_blzr

prjt_blzr 1/2 ton status

Find a driveline service in your area and give him the measurement from yoke on the axle to the transfer case yoke. If it is a slip yoke then measure to the splined shaft. Make sure that the truck is sitting on the tires on level ground when you do this. (You need to measure because each kit is a little different with height and axle location)They will be able to mod your shafts if they are in good shape else they will build you a new one.
    Good luck.

3. dogman

dogman 1/2 ton status

If your in the SF Bay area try Steve @ South Bay Driveline Inc. 408-995-6000
    If you have the bucks, upgrade to 1ton yoks and Ujoints now..
    a satisfied customer..