Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Drive shaft vibrations/lowering the T/case ?'s. 84 Blazer

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Ben Malinski, Jun 6, 2002.

1. Ben Malinski

Ben Malinski Guest

Drive shaft vibrations/lowering the T/case ?\'s. 84 Blazer

Installed a Rancho 4" lift kit. Front install is fine. Rear was fine until....
    Retorqued the fronts and when I started the rear, I see that the u bolts are slanted. The top of the bolts is pointed at 11 o'clock. Turn the axle so the cover was pointed verticle. Then reset everything and retorqued the bolts. I also reversed the spacer / block for the rears. The tapered end is facing rearward. My thinking was that maybe this contributed to the vibration. I did lower the T/case. Rancho makes a spacer kit. I just used angle iron 3/4 of an inch and lowered it. Still vibrations so I added another 1/2 inch and still vibrations. Added another 1/2 inch. No difference. Can't add no more or the distributor will hit the firewall. Any ideas? Suggestions? The angle of the driveshaft should be what? 30 degrees? I tried eyeballing a stock Blazer, same year, and compared the angle to mine and it looks close. Does it matter which way the spacer/blocks face? How can I make sure the drive shaft is at whatever degree it should be? Guesstamate?
    I did e-mail Rancho and still no response.
    Thanks!

2. bee32

bee32 1/2 ton status

Re: Drive shaft vibrations/lowering the T/case ?\'s. 84 Blazer

With a four inch lift your t-case should only be about an inch down. The blocks should angle to the rear bringing the diff yoke up towards the t-case. That is how mine is done hope it works. I am not sure of the angle but 30 sounds right. I would do a search on here about that. I know I read it in a post not too long ago.

3. Ben Malinski

Ben Malinski Guest

Thanks!
    When you say angle to the rear, the smaller end pointed to the rear?

4. bee32

bee32 1/2 ton status

The taller side of the block is to the rear. I know alot of people that actualy cut the blocks and re-weld them to where they are flat instead angeled to get rid of vibrations. That might help too.

5. Ben Malinski

Ben Malinski Guest

Thanks!
    But what about the slanted u bolts? No problem? It's normal?

6. bee32

bee32 1/2 ton status

I have never heard of that. If ya could take a pic of it I might be able to spot the problem there. Maybe someone else has heard of that. Sorry I can't help out more with that.