Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Drive shaft

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by shooter, Jul 23, 2004.

1. shooter

shooter Registered Member

I have an 85 blazer, 350 4spd auto. I keep getting a vibration around 40 to 55 MPH. Should I consider a new drive shaft, or is it something else? Everything else seems tight.

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

try taking it to a tire store and have them balance the tires. if it still does it after that try replacing the ujoints

3. backcountry

backcountry 1/2 ton status

Can you tell where it is coming from the front or rear? Also, have you done anything to you rig lately that may have caused this? E.g.; mods, hardcore offroading, rotated tires etc.

I had a vibration that all the sudden just started at about 60mph but went away at about 65-70mph's. It was coming from my rear driveline. Upon further examination, I found my pinion on the transfer case to the rear driveline lose. That took care of most of it but I still had a little so I decided to replace my driveline with these. http://www.dennysdriveshaft.com/html/4x4_off_road.html No problems at all now. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif