Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Drive shaft ?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BlaznRebel, Sep 6, 2002.

1. BlaznRebel

BlaznRebel 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/icons/confused.gif I have an 86 K5 i am putting together the motor this weekend 388 and have a 6" lift to install immedieatly after the motor swap is complete.Also am going to 36" swampers on 15x10 inch wheels. My question is this, will i also have to get new driveshafts cut or will the origional shafts work and also while i'm at it do i need to extend my brake lines mostly just play in the mud with a little creek crossing involved. Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thnx in advanve

2. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

The drive shafts are a maybe, you won't definately know until you put it together, but there are a lot of variables that determine this. The bake and differential vent lines need to be extended with the 6" lift.

3. denver75k5

denver75k5 1/2 ton status

On my 74 I had to do both front & rear Drive shafts,& Brake lines.

4. 76_Cheyenne

76_Cheyenne 1/2 ton status

Brake lines for sure, they are going to be strecthed once the 6"lift is on. Driveshafts most likely, but probably could get away with it for a while.