Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

drive shaft

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by purple76pearl, Jan 14, 2003.

1. purple76pearl

purple76pearl 1/2 ton status

1976 k5 with half ton axles, using a 6 inch lift, dont want to drop transfer case, looking for measurements for new driveshafts, or someone that would have front and rear shaft for sale, stock front isnt long enough, and has a worn out cv joint, rear is long enough to drive, not to off road, how long do i need to go /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. purple76pearl

purple76pearl 1/2 ton status

come on, someone has to have measurments or an extra drive shaft laying around some where

3. ColAdo82K5

ColAdo82K5 1/2 ton status

This might be the wrong forum for this question, but i'll help you out. Most will say just to measure and to figure out the length for your truck because all are different. Which is true. BUT ! I had mine made 1.5 inchs longer for my 82 blazer with a 10bolt/350/208 setup.
    Your 12 bolt will be a bit "shorter" than my ten. what tranny and case you are running will make a big difference as well. You have a slip yoke on the driveshaft while i have a slip yoke on my case...
    So, just use some math and figure it out I guess ! There are plenty of guys to sell shafts but they will ask how long you need it.
    Blake