Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Drive Shafts for a 6" lift???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by keith, Apr 27, 2000.

1. keith

keith 1/2 ton status

Drive Shafts for a 6\" lift???

I recently put my lift on and ordered me a new drive shaft. New because I also changed the yoke on the diff to 1350. The rear was no problem. The cross member was lowered 1" so that helped lower the rear of the transfer case. Now to the front shaft!The front seemed to point up while the front diff was vertually flat. The new front shaft would not fit. And it too like the rear was a saginaw type. The guys at ORD said too remove the spacer on the cross member and this would lower the front. Well it did but the angles are still pretty extreme. Would do you guys run?

2. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

Re: Drive Shafts for a 6\" lift???

In my 76 blazer, I had to put 6 degree shims under the springs to point the pinion flange up towards the t-case agian. I have a 2" crossmember drop. had a wicked rear vibration until this was done. my truck is still fulltime w/no hubs up front. I can cruise 65mph with no vib. been that way for a year. angles still tight, but havent lost it. yet. but I carry a spare front shaft in truck anyways!