Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Drive Shafts

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 80K5, Sep 24, 2001.

1. 80K5

80K5 1/2 ton status

Would it be possible to leave stock drive shafts on for a bit with a 6 inch lift as long as i didn't wheel it?

Stuck? Isn't that a bird!
    Steve

2. hammer

hammer 1/2 ton status

probilly no cuz first time you slam on the brakes the d-shaft will fall out. How much is still in the transfer?

3. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Well try to drop the t-case and see what happens... might (chances are it will) vibe like crazy and not work because the angles are still goofy or the shafts are too short. Just remember the more you drop it for the rear shaft angles the worse the front angle becomes. Plus if you run crazy angles you'll blow u-jounts like crazy... and hey maybe even drop a shaft on the highway going 65mph which would suck big time... call up Jess and High Angle Drivelines and see about getting some made up..... what's the point if in having a Blazer with a t-case anyhow if you don't even plan on wheeling it or ever using the t-case?

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!
    <>< PSALMS 23 ><>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html>Steph's Webpage</a>

4. 80K5

80K5 1/2 ton status

Well the only reason i was wondering if I could get away with that is so that my truck will be sitting for a less amount of time but i guess it doesn't really matter if I wait more time because i only bought the thing to wheel with anyway

Stuck? Isn't that a bird!
    Steve