Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

drive shafts

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 91k5NC, Jul 30, 2002.

1. 91k5NC

91k5NC 1/2 ton status

will a drive shaft out of a 8" lifted k5 fit in my 4" lifted k5 to correct the vibration.

2. trailblazer87

trailblazer87 1/2 ton status

Measure them both and if they are close (within 1/2") then use it. Unless it has larger u-joints or a CV joint in it I don't think you will see a benefit. Have you tried lowering your t-case, this has helped my vibration problem. You will also need to make sure that the driveline has a slip yoke on it with the right diameter and spline count.

3. 91k5NC

91k5NC 1/2 ton status

thanks for the info. /forums/images/icons/confused.gif what is a slip yoke. don't know much about axels

4. trailblazer87

trailblazer87 1/2 ton status

Slip yoke is the shaft that slips into your transfer case. If the donor driveline does not haveone, but has a slip shaft in the middle of the driveline it would not work without a kit called a slip yoke eliminator kit, you have to open up your t-case to install it.
    Your best off lowering your t-case and getting some pinion angle shims for the rear spring perches. If you want a new driveline I would get one with 1450 series spicer u-joints, I have them in mine and they seem to hold up pretty well.

5. drivelineman

drivelineman 1/2 ton status

it will be a bit too long if it really fit the 8" lifted truck right- Jess

6. 91k5NC

91k5NC 1/2 ton status

thanks alot for the info, i will probely have blocks for a little while will they put the angle on the axel it needs.