Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

drive shafts

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jakeslim, Dec 17, 2002.

1. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

Ok, money is no problem. What driveshafts do you recommend?
    I have a 77k5 with a 6" lift, th350,203, 12 bolt rear and dana44 up front. I hate having the feeling that my u-joint may go at anytime. I do not do any heavy wheeling, just light trails and streets. Suggestions? Is it possible for the ujoint breakage to be reduced with the right setup?

2. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

You can replace the yokes on your 203 and 12 bolt with 1350's and run a 1-ton driveshaft.
    Honestly, for light duty the 1310's you have now are strong enough IMO. I recommend SPicer non-greasable ujoints.
    If you are running your stck driveshafts now, have them lengthened of course.
    -- Mike

3. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

4. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

and once again i am goin to mention the Driveline service BAMF DLS BAMF its a 42 Deg max angle shaft with joints equal to the size of 1410. i have hammered it and have yet to break it...i did bend the tube once and drove it like that for a month and still never wiped it out..i am very very happy with it.. if ya want one you have to call the fresno store...the person you need to talk to is chuck..
    just a side note...kinda funny how i got bashed about this drive line when less than a week later jess goes and buys 6 of em from driveline service...Driveline service is the only distribior in the western US for this brand of C/V. bring on the flamin because i know its comin

5. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

So Chaz, is this the message you are trying to get across?

[​IMG]

6. Imkunfused

Imkunfused Registered Member

You just love talking dont you chaz But anyways.. if money is no object, that driveline is what you want.. 209-944-9966 for the stockton store, they will give you the number to the fresno shop

7. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

high angle go 1-ton /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif