Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Drive sleeve between turbo 350 and 205?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by gotmud77, Jan 5, 2004.

1. gotmud77

gotmud77 1/2 ton status

The drive sleeve has splines that come out all the way to one end and the other side stops about 1" short. Which end of the sleeve goes toward the transmission? I didnt take it apart so i have no idea and it is not in any of my books. I would really hate to put it all together and have to take it apart to swithch the sleeve around.

2. gotmud77

gotmud77 1/2 ton status

Anybody? Somebody has to know.

/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif Tell me i have not asked a question that nobody knows the answer to?

3. bigred81

bigred81 1/2 ton status

I have one and there is a snap ring on it. My 205 is out of 1972 truck so it has the bearing in the adapter and the end of the drive sleeve with a groove cut in it faces the transmission. The purpose of the snap ring is to hold the sleeve in the bearing. Hope this helps.

bigred81
    James Startz

4. keith

keith 1/2 ton status

Okay stop and take a big deep breath. I will talk you through this. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif If you notice the male spline on the 205 has a O-ring on it. Well the 1" smooth slides over the O-ring and the full spline goes on the tranny.