Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Drive Train Questions.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by newboy89, Aug 27, 2002.

1. newboy89

newboy89 Registered Member

Nov 18, 2001
    ok, i might be striking up a sweet deal on some parts for the blazer but i have a few questions.

1) D44 or D60? i dont wheel that heavy with the truck but this stuff will be free so what is the aggrevation factor between the two?

2) where do i find these front axles?

3) will my stock steering box and everything be compatible with the front axle change?

4) TH-400, i know the tranny dosent have overdrive but how noticible will the gas milage between that and my 700-r4 be?

5)what do i need to put a 205 onto the th-400? did these ever come under a truck togeather?

6)14bolts out of a van, the track on them is wider so that the front and rear will be the same? not really a big deal. just wondering.

7)what van can i find the 14bff under? if i can find that what truck do i get one out of?

8)what gears should i match up to the tranny if i want to put 36-39 inch tires on the truck and still have torque out the yin-yang so to speak.

thanks for all the help guys i really appreciate it.
  2. 83PJW

83PJW 1/2 ton status

Aug 18, 2002
    1) 60 deffinatley. though you dont wheel hard now you might later and man what a find!
    3) yes straight bolt on.
    6) a van axle is very very wide. you have to cut the spring purches off and re weld them on in the right space. if you ask me its way too wide.
    7) any chevy 14 ff will work.
    8) i run 410s and am happier than a pig in sheeeeot.