Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

driveline angles

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by possum, Feb 11, 2002.

1. possum

possum Registered Member

I have a 78 Blazer with a 350, th350, np203, 4" RC lift, 33x12.50 MTs. As per the instructions with the lift I lowered the t-case 1". No vibrations... I thought. It's been a few months and now I'm starting to notice a vibration. I have switched t-cases but still went with another 203. The front driveshaft looks like it could be a little too much angle. Is it possible to lower the case a little more? It wouldn't bind up the back driveshaft any but it would straighten the front line a little more. I know some people would shim the front spring pads but I don't have any and don't have the means at this time to purchase them.
    Thank you.

<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/possum1970>78 K5</a>
    we're not always who we are

2. possum

possum Registered Member

ANYONE?

<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/possum1970>78 K5</a>
    we're not always who we are

3. burbBoy

burbBoy 1/2 ton status

I would check and see if you broke one of the drive shaft weights off or if you didnt align one of the drive shafts right on the splines. If you look at the shafts the top ears where the u-joint sits and the bottom ears should be 90 deg. apart not lined up. I have had a few trucks have some really nice shakes from this. Let us know what you find.

Brian
    82 Burban, 38.5's, 6"lift, SM465/NP205