Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Driveline Brake

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by TXsizeK5, Mar 14, 2003.

1. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

Tell me all thats involved and how much it costs, is there a kit? etc.

I was looking into linelocks but they bleed off after 30min... and drag racers usually only use em for the front brakes.

Thanks

2. 4x4_76

4x4_76 1/2 ton status

I've also been thinking about driveline brake,but there is one big question:What if I park my truck on downhill,open rear diff,t-case on 2wd,other rear wheel is on dry surface and the other is on ice.What happens?

3. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

lol, i dont think that will ever happen to me...

4. 4x4_76

4x4_76 1/2 ton status

Yeah,I'm sure about that /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    But it's a cold fact that it would happen to me sooner or later if I'd make that mod

5. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

I am thinking about getting the parking brake too, but I think I might have to get a NEW cv flange, and thats 109 bucks! I think the kit is $269, or around there. Go to product reviews, there you can read about it, or in the december, i think, issue of petersens 4 wheel, or go to highangledriveline.com. Thas all I know.

6. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

I'm getting ine from Jesse as soon as I can, but I already have a line lock on the rig, it held all night!!!!!! It's the mechanical one from JCwhittney! No electricity needed! I might install some electric ones independently in the rear so I can turn sharper later on, but that's the only use I see them for! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Jesse quoted me a great price on the shaft and flange, with the brake, I think it totals around $750! Best investment I'll ever make!

7. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    I've also been thinking about driveline brake,but there is one big question:What if I park my truck on downhill,open rear diff,t-case on 2wd,other rear wheel is on dry surface and the other is on ice.What happens?

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't do that!!! Or better yet get a locker and put it in 4wd. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I like my dl e-brake but I still plan on hooking up the caddy e-brakes. Can't have enough e-brake IMHO. The pics on the rock in my gallery were also to test the dl e-brake.