Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Driveline E-brake or Caddy calipers poll and questions???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Desert Rat, Oct 9, 2004.

1. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Currently I have a rear disk conversion on my Corp14ff rear. I got Caddy calipers from TSM and have them mounted up. The trick has been deciding how to hook up the E-brake. I am toying with the idea of ditching the rear E-brake and going with a High Angle Driveline TC mounted driveline E-brake instead. So, poll to follow but a question: Can I just leave the TSM calipers intact without swapping in the non-E-Brake calipers or will they need constant tension on the arms to keep the pads close to the rotor?

2. rodzzilla

rodzzilla 1/2 ton status

I voted for ditching the caddy calipers. Figured you could sell them to defray some of the cost of the HAD Kit. I am going to go that route so I don't have to worry about snagging the cables.

3. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

If I ever do disc brakes id go with the Caddy calipers. The only thing is I heard they were a pain to adjust the e brake and you ll have a low pedal.

4. jwduke

jwduke 1/2 ton status

I started with caddy calipers, and gave up on them because no one can come up with a replacement, for the stock levers. They are next to impossible to find.

5. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

i think when i do mine, i am going to use a line lock /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

on an episode of trucks they were putting disks on a furd 9" and the rotor had a set of drum brakes that fit inside it for the parking brake. it was cool as hell. now if someone could come up with a set up like that for 14 bolts, that would be the sheeeeaaat

6. TWISTEDJACK

TWISTEDJACK 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Why not just hook up a line lock????? cheap and effective.

7. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

Can I see the pics of how you hooked up the e-brake??

8. Desert Rat

Here is the thread that we had going previously that has his pics in it: Look here

9. Desert Rat

Did you ever consider swapping in a different pedal mechanism? Or I wonder if one could modify a center console lever type taken from another car that would work. By the way, got a response back from HAD. $420 for their setup. That is a spanking. I've also had some folks e-mail me with stories of how their HAD didn't work, but also read several that are very happy with the setup. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

10. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

lol that was my old thread /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    By the way, got a response back from HAD. $420 for their setup. That is a spanking.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats what I thought it was when I got one. Someone was selling one in the for sale forums for something like $250. I know it didnt cost anyhitng close to $250.

12. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

I have the HAD e-brake. It will hold on about as steep of a hill as the tires will hold on. Hooking it up just took a small piece of angle iron with 2 holes drilled in it and one bolt. Having the HAD driveshaft is something that I wanted to do anyways so it wasn't that bad.

13. jwduke

jwduke 1/2 ton status

Someone should look at the e-brake pedel out of a late model Monte Carlo. I bolts up where our pedel does, and you push it down, it sets the e-brake like ours does. Monte Carlos use rear disc brakes.