Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

DRIVELINE JUST BLEW UP !!! NEED HELP!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by K5XLR8R, Jan 11, 2001.

1. K5XLR8R

K5XLR8R 1/2 ton status

The rear u-joint just decided it didnt want to be part of the operation anymore and commited suicide....F***!! I need to know how to remove the whole d-line assembly from the parts blazer....and how hard this may be...thanks guys!!!

2. JimmyDie6.2

JimmyDie6.2 1/2 ton status

you need to know what?? how to remove a drive shaft.?? just unbolt the two straps from the rear...then with a screw driver pop out the U-joint- then pull the drive shaft out of the transfer case.....OK???? or just get a new U-joint for the drive shaft you have if its still sound......good luck bud....js ps reverse for install...and grease the hell out od the U-joint....

3. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

I'd recomend gettign new u-joints, not ones from the parts Blazer. They will last a lot longer.

90K5

See my truck at <A target="_blank" HREF=http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Albumindex?u=1329584&a=9886502>http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Albumindex?u=1329584&a=9886502</A>

4. JimmyDie6.2

JimmyDie6.2 1/2 ton status

excellent recommendation from 90K5, (i should have mentioned it), get new U-joints. What year is you ride????
    If its got the 10-bolt its NEAPCO 2-3011 or 2-3011BF. go with the BF, they are the performance ones...............js

5. K5XLR8R

K5XLR8R 1/2 ton status

Ok, here's the deal, It appears that the rear u-joint blew and the drive live spun around a few times before getting hooked up between the muffler and the bed. The d-line doesnt appear to be bent. I'm wondering if i should take it to a shop and have them check and see if its still strait, if not I may just throw new u-joints on the fu**er and hope for the best....I just dont know if any damage way done to the t-case or the rear diff...the part that mates into the diff was a little lose ....I guess what I'm asking is if there is anymore damage that might of happened that isnt so obvious....?? When I pulled the d-line out of the t-case fluid drained out...is this normal....any advise will be great!!! thanks guys!

6. MICHIGAN BLAZER

MICHIGAN BLAZER 1/2 ton status

My hubby's drive shaft let go on his cherokee. It took out his driveshaft, rear yoke, t-case tailhousing, and needed a new rear half of t-case....luckily no internal damage. The tail housing crack was obvious to see......but the one on the t-case was real hard to see.....you had to feel for it..

<font color=red>MICHIGAN BLAZER
    <font color=green>89 Fullsize Blazer
    87 Cherokee
    65 IH Scout

7. Goose

Goose 1/2 ton status

Yeah, it's normal for some fluid to come out on that style of seal. Look for any missing weights on the driveshaft. Maybe a small square clean spot towards one of the ends. Look down the length of the drive shaft from one end and turn it to see if it has any slight bend in it. Put in new u-joint, grease, and see how long it lasts.

[​IMG]