Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

driveline lenght question?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by hidesertwheelin, Feb 24, 2005.

1. hidesertwheelin

hidesertwheelin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I am planning on putting a 4" lift on my 90 suburban. If I add a zero-rate to the front will I have to have the front driveline lenghtend? Also can I run a 6" spring in the rear w/o having to extend that drive line?

2. FWP

FWP CRS

Whenever you do any type of lift or suspension adjustment, all bets are off. Just plan on new driveshaft lengths, front and rear.

3. AkMudr

AkMudr 1/2 ton status

You can technically run a 4" lift with no changes, Im doing it and havent ran into any problems what so ever, but I got my truck like that and planned on getting them lengthened but havent because I'm going taller in the upcoming weeks.

But like FWP said, its always best to get them redone whenever you do a lift.

4. MITCH_89'

MITCH_89' Registered Member

6" in rear, probably new driveshaft. I ran 3" for years with no driveshaft mods, and just went to 6". My rear shaft slid WAY out of the T-case (241). I had it lenghtened 2". My front was also too short now, so I bought a Superlift 1" spacer, and it is perfect now. Good luck. Every truck is different