Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

driveline question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by blazerpro79, Sep 24, 2005.

1. blazerpro79

blazerpro79 1/2 ton status

i have about 5" of lift in the back right now, and im going to put about 4" more (its a cruiser, not a wheeler). i know from stock you can 99% of the time put a 4" lift with no problems... i was wondering, since i did have my driveshaft lengthened for the 5" about a year a ago... if i added 4" more, would it be safe.

so i guess my question can be summed up as "is the rule that you can go 4" over what your drivetrain is designed for?"

2. koldsimer

koldsimer 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I doubt that it will work for you. If you never wheel it, maybe. The problem you will have is that the operating angles of your u-joints will be a bit too much. You should just get a cv shaft and be done with it. I'm running a conventional shaft with a 1410 at the case and a 1350 at the diff with about 7 inches of lift. I wouldn't go any higher personally with a non-cv shaft.

3. bigbadchev84

bigbadchev84 1/2 ton status

i was fine with mine, 4" springs 4" blocks and a zerorate on mine with 39.5s and never had any vibration or length issues with mine

misc69 112.jpg