Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Driveline shop and Misc.

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by 89GMCSuburban, Aug 18, 2005.

1. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

If I'm gonna get ready for the trip in September, i need my front driveshaft rebuilt. Dang thing has WAY too much slop in it. Any good driveline shops here in the Denver area (or the Springs) you guys can recommend? Or would it be better to just get a HAD shaft shipped? :thinking:

I'll probably do a lunch box in the front axle and the shaft and call it a day before the trip. Over the winter I'm going to be saving for, in this order: :D

Rear Detroit
    SYE and shaft
    5.13 gears
    ORD Steering Brace (Weld and bolt in)
    38-39" tires (IROK'S, TSL SX, or Boggers)

Any opinions on the tires? Just not sure what works best in the terrain we see here. If I was still in Texas, I'd say Boggers because there's more mud and sand, but here....totally different story. :dunno:

My next days off, probably next tuesday, I'm going to make a Left Hand Canyon run to shake some cobwebs off the burb, wasn't sure if anyone was off and would like to join. :waytogo: :bow:

2. leadvillek5

leadvillek5 Registered Member

try scott @ rocky mtn driveline

3. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

moneypit was just saying this weekend that Rocky Mountain Driveline was a good place to go.

I ran a poll over at Colorado4x4.org when I was ready to buy tires, and hands down Goodyear MT/Rs won out. That's the opinion you'll get from most Colorado guys, and Arizona guys for that matter.

4. Scott39

Scott39 1/2 ton status

Front range driveline, they are on Federal blvd. south of Hamden ave.

5. BLZN4FN

BLZN4FN 1/2 ton status

I 2nd Front range driveline I have beat the hell out of there shafts and just as strong as the day I bought them.