Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

driveline spacer

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ryaninc, Apr 29, 2007.

1. ryaninc

ryaninc Registered Member

anyone know where to get a driveline spacer to go between a NP208 and my front shaft? superlift makes one for about $55. Hoping to find one for cheaper.

Thanks Ryan

2. bbck5on37s

bbck5on37s 1/2 ton status

look in the colorado section. lake2004 has a spacer that i belive will work.

3. bbck5on37s

bbck5on37s 1/2 ton status

4. mo

mo 1/2 ton status

can you use this on a rear cv shaft? is this safe for the rear? what about strength?

thanks

5. ryaninc

wont let me contact

thanks I found it. That is what I need and I would buy it but it wont let me message him or even post a reply (because Im not a member?) why can I post here but not there? you totaly dont have to do this but if you want to you could let him know im interested, maybe show him this Post, since I cant seem to post on his thread. Thanks if you dont want to thats cool

Thanks again Ryan Happy Wheeling

6. mo

mo 1/2 ton status

i responded to his post letting him know you were interested...

you're pry right about not being able to post cause you're not a member, but being you just saved $25 on that spacer, you could use it for a membership :)

7. lak2004

lak2004 1/2 ton status

Sorry but the spacer had been spoken for. Why are you needing it? My front was hitting on the xmember so thats why i got it. But I put some washers in instead because the spacer was a PITA to get in. The bolt holes wouldnt line up right. Maybe try a new mount too. Let me know and I can probably get you a deal on a new one. My buddy works at 4 wheel parts.

8. ryaninc

driveline to short, or maybe not enough travel?

I did a 52" spring swap to the front and I lengthend the D-line an in or so. But at full droop and flex it falls apart (to short). I thought a spacer might be the way to go (cheaper). I dont really have much rub issues on the crossmember. I have taken the grinder to it though.
    your thoughts?

thanks Ryan

9. Mudstud

Mudstud 1/2 ton status

Man if you are separating youe shaft now a 1" spacer isn't going to cure that. Even if the shaft stays together at flex it'll only be by a hair. The problem that will result (when the suspension relaxes) will be binding in the slip yoke and it'll transfer that pressure to your t-case and likely break your t-case adaptor and or the top left part of your tranny housing (where it bolts to the adaptor) A cheap solution is a square front shaft or limit your travel.

10. lak2004

lak2004 1/2 ton status

Still need a spacer?