Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Driveline sugestions

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BIG*RED, Oct 8, 2006.

1. BIG*RED

BIG*RED 1/2 ton status

looking for some sugestions here. I have a nasty vibration at just about every speed.

I took an angle finder and placed it on the underside of the t-case tail shaft, the underside of the driveline and the underside of the pinion. and the measurements i got were:

T-CASE 3.5 degrees

DRIVESHAFT 18.5 degrees

Pinion 18.5 degrees

Obvisously this isn't good. but I'm not sure where to start in making corrections.

I have a 208, with a 14bltff. lifted with a shackle flip and a 4 inch tapered block. Up front I have 6inch leaf with zero rate.

I tried to reverse the block and point the pinion down, for less angle and that didn't work at all, the u-joint was binding big time..

So like i said I'm looking for sugestions as to what to do, and where to begin. it vibrates hard under any acceleration, I only took it up to about 15mph, was afraid to go any faster. and at 15mph the vibrations were not as fierce but definatly not good.

2. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Maybe drop the transfer case?

3. BIG*RED

BIG*RED 1/2 ton status

Opps forgot to add that.

I have dropped the T-case an inch.

And I was just outside looking at it, and if I lower my pinion angle at all, then that will increase my drivshaft angle..or am I not thinking about this properally?

4. drivelineman

drivelineman 1/2 ton status

call me - It sounds wierd- JEss

5. BIG*RED

BIG*RED 1/2 ton status

Thanks for talking with me Jess, I'll be giving you a call as soon as I get the funds together