Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Driveline Update

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by sarazk5, Apr 24, 2002.

1. sarazk5

sarazk5 1/2 ton status

I got my driveshaft back last night. Only ended up costing me 77.56. They had to lengthen it 2" and balance it. They even cleaned it and painted it for me. The guy thought i was weird for getting excited over it. Anyway.. it is all back together. Truck is definitely driving smoother with my angle and shaft all correct and balanced. Now I just need to replace my crappy tires to ones that will balance. Anyone wanna lend me 900.00???

2. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

What was your original problem? What kinda tires do you want? Size ,Make? $900 damn!

3. LiftedAssDodge

LiftedAssDodge 1/2 ton status

haha you think 900 is a lot for tires, come into my world

4. UseYourBlinker

Mike I don't even want to know how much you paid for your "mud slicks" /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

5. sarazk5

sarazk5 1/2 ton status

Specially since it seems they didn't work that great in the mud ;-)

I am probably going to go with the GoodYear MTR's 35x12.5x15. If i put them on my Goodyear card i can do it with 0 interest for one year. Otherwise if I can come up with some cash I may try to get 4wpw to give me the buy 3 get 1 deal on their X-terrains. My original problem with my driveshaft was my lift. Everyone told me i wouldn't have problems with a 4" lift... So i went with 4 instead of 6. Well I shoulda just went with a 6". My angle was way off... and i broke a ujoint, broke the t-case shaft, and the slip yoke. I replaced those.. dropped the tcase 1". And was still 3 degrees off. So I had to shim my rear 3 degrees, which meant replacing my spring pins (pain in the ass) and then due to all the changes i had to have the driveshaft lengthened 2". Now it is smooth though. I have to take it back one more time to have the angle rechecked...but it should be right on.

6. UseYourBlinker

Well atleast you got the problem fixed /forums/images/icons/smile.gif.. I was leaning towards the Goodyear MT/R's also,but could only afford two tires.. Those tires are expensive!

7. LiftedAssDodge

yeah mud slicks for sale, although they are one hell of a trail tire, i just bought em cause they look really nice on the truck, and i dont take it off road all that much

8. sarazk5

sarazk5 1/2 ton status

From the pics at Hollister it looks like you took it off road too much there :-) How long did it take you to remove the mud? Any problems afterwards from mud damage?

9. LiftedAssDodge

no mud damage, i knocked most hte big stuff off, still dirty as hell but i gotta get to washing it soon, i just dont have the time right now

10. MilpitasK5

MilpitasK5 1/2 ton status

Hey Sara
    Where did you get this work done? In Hollister? I paid close to $200 for mine and it was less than 2 inches!

11. sarazk5

sarazk5 1/2 ton status

Driveline Service in West Sacramento. They did an excellent job. I was recommended to go there by a few different shops. Performance Chevrolet said they did all of their work. The service was great and they were knowledgeable.. And they were the only place open on Saturday when I needed to drop it off.

12. MilpitasK5

MilpitasK5 1/2 ton status

Nice. I'll keep that on file b/c I'll be paying them a visit sooner or later.
    Thanks,
    Chris

13. sarazk5

sarazk5 1/2 ton status

They quoted me between 95-105 to lengthen without knowing how much they'd have to lengthen i was shocked when they said it was only 77.56 :-)
    They will build a double cardan for $300.00 including everything.