Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

driveline vibes

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bigblue, Jan 20, 2001.

1. bigblue

bigblue 1/2 ton status

ok, it has been an expensive year for bigblue but i am still optomistic. I had a 6 inch lift with national spring installed. then i had a 1 ton 1350 CV style driveshaft put on ( thinking there would be no problems with my driveshaft ). I have vibes between 15 and 25 mph and i just know it is there at high speed. I already have a 4 degree shim in the rear. what should i do? what is the maximum shim i can put on the rear diff and is it easy, or expensive to drop the t-case? thanks for any feedback.

baja surf nazi

2. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>If you dont have the case dropped, thats your problem. It's easy, just move those round spacers from under the crossmember to above it (between the frame and the crossmember). Thats all there is to it, its free.</font color=blue>

[​IMG]
    <font color=blue>pavement queen with shinny paint job and car tires</font color=blue>

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

if you do it your self the t-case drop is free. just take the bolts off the cross member and put the spacers between the frame and cross member instead of on top of the frame this will give you a 1in t-case drop

s.smith 77blazer lookin 4 mud

4. KENBARBOUR

KENBARBOUR Registered Member

You want the driveshaft to be inline with the rear pinion with a CV rear driveshaft. A few degrees down is ok because it will rotate up on acceleration. T-case drop also a great idea.
    I got a cheap magnetic angle finder from sears to check mine.

5. drivelineman

drivelineman 1/2 ton status

hey you guys know there is a 1350 c/v joint that fits your 205 t case right? this makes your vibs go away- give me a ring- 530-872-5725 jesse