Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

driveline?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by hd-10, Jun 1, 2004.

1. hd-10

hd-10 1/2 ton status

got everthng put back togather and my rear driveline is to short and front to long. does anyone no what size it might need got 350 sm465 np 205 set up on a 74 k5. or what would be a good placew to pick on up and how much do they run? thanks for the help.

2. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    got everthng put back togather and my rear driveline is to short and front to long. does anyone no what size it might need got 350 sm465 np 205 set up on a 74 k5. or what would be a good placew to pick on up and how much do they run? thanks for the help.

[/ QUOTE ]

So did you put a lift on it or did you get it in pieces and put it together?
    I bought mine from Tom Woods driveline and I haven't seen better yet.
    All the claims have been laim so far.
    If I want a new shaft I will still go to them order on the phone and have it in your hands in 2 days, price is shipped to your door.
    I paid 275 for the rear, 285 for the front with CV.

3. Bruiser

Bruiser 1/2 ton status

You need to measure and take your old one to a driveline shop and have it lengthened. Mine needed about 4 inches. It cost (with one new conversion u-joint) $96 total. Prices are going to be slightly higher since still prices are up. Just call around and price them. Shop here was $50 labor then cost of material. You can also ask them what measurement they want.

4. K5Kell

K5Kell Guest

If it's a rear shaft you might also want to spend the extra couple bucks and get it balanced, I dont think they include that in the regular price, or at least they didn't for me.
    -Kell-