Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Driveline

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by T-ROY, Apr 15, 2005.

1. T-ROY

T-ROY 1/2 ton status

Hey friends and neighbors...Does anybody in Vancouver/Portland area have a one piece 3/4 ton driveline laying around that they don't want? I need to replace the yokes on mine and thought it would be easier to shorten a one piece Suburban or 3/4 ton pickup driveline. It doesn't have to be perfect, just useable with the big (1350) yokes on both ends. Little or no dollars or trades would be best, my wife is already ticked about my projects taking money we don't have. Thanks.
    T-roy

2. grundy99

grundy99 1/2 ton status

how long of a drive shaft do you need?
    I have a one piece laying around her somewhere.
    IIRC it was only like 7 dollars difference between shortening and lengthening a driveline.
    I got mine done at I-5 Driveline in Vancouver

3. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

The place up here has a BIG difference between lengthening and shortening, and guess which one I needed...

4. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Hey Troy, come out to my place with a case of pepsi and you can have a 3/4ton burb rear driveline....was bolted to a 203/14ff

5. T-ROY

T-ROY 1/2 ton status

I'll have to do that. We haven't sat around and lied to each other in a while. does it have a slip joint or a carrier bearing? The 2wd Burb that I am parting out has the carrier bearing. Are you going to be around this weekend? Would Sunday early (10ish) work for you?
    T-roy

6. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

I know its not the center carrier bearing two-piece type. I'll get all the info on it again today just to double check exactly what it is. Message me this evening after 7pm.