Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Driver and Passenger Buckets Sit Different from Each Other??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ford_assassin, Jan 5, 2004.

1. ford_assassin

ford_assassin 1/2 ton status

Hey guys, ever since I bought my '86 Blazer I noticed that the driver seat sits at a nice angle, but the passenger seat sits at a almost perfect 90* (from the butt part to the back part). I guess I should note that neither of my front seats are adjustable on the incline (factory).

Is everyone's seats like this? My wife hates riding in the Blazer because of this, she says it hurts her back.

I know that the seats were recovered sometime before I bought it.

If anyone has a suggestion on how to fix this, please tell me.

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

try putting a 1" - 2" spacer in between the mount and the floor to recline the whole seat /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. ford_assassin

ford_assassin 1/2 ton status

I thought about that, but then the "hook" that holds the rear of the seat down wouldn't line up anymore.

Remember, the whole passenger seat folds forward for people to get into the back seats.

4. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

I did this in my buddy's rig, i put a 1.5" spacer in between the floor and the bottom of the track and everything worked just fine. Hook still works and all. Cause all your really doing is lifting the front section and tilting the WHOLE seat assembly.