Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Driver's Door Alighnment

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Huey, Jul 6, 2003.

1. Huey

Huey Registered Member

Driver\'s Door Alighnment

How does one get to the top door hinge assembly bolt. THe manual says to remove the forward fender bolts, then use tool J-22585, whatever the heck that is, and loosen the hinge bolt. I tried this but could not budge the fender. There definetely is a bolt that threads from inside the body area, but how to get at it. Where does one get the special tool? I need to move the hinge forward to better align the door. Any suggestions?

2. prjt_blzr

prjt_blzr 1/2 ton status

Re: Driver\'s Door Alighnment

Pull the inside wire grommet out and carefully use a 9/16" socket to loosen/remove that last pesky bolt. I usually goop the socket with permatex to avoid dropping the bolt. The passenger side is easier as you can pull the glovebox out of the way. The drivers side is a little more difficult as you need to pull the A/C vent etc to make it easier or you can just be patient and leave that stuff in there.
    Mike

3. Huey

Huey Registered Member

prjt_blzr , Are you saying that the fender bolts do not have to be removed? If I understand you correctly, I can access the bolt through the interior of the cab? It is the drivers side I must align, so if I remove the AC duct, I will find a hole directly across from the hinge bolt?

4. COLLISION

COLLISION 1/2 ton status

BEHIND THE DASH ABOVE THE E-BRAKE IS A GROMMET WITH TWO WIRES, PULL THIS OUT AND FEEL IN BEHIND AND YOU WILL FIND THE BOLT YOU NEED TO LOOSEN /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    [image]http://coloradok5.com/photos/showphoto.php?photo=6654&password=&sort=7&thecat=500[/image]

5. COLLISION

COLLISION 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]

THERE WE GO. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. Huey

Huey Registered Member

Gents, thank you very much. Would not have figured that one out.

7. rampage

rampage 1/2 ton status

First of all, why do you need to adjust the door? Are you putting a new door on or is it not closing properly? If it's not closing properly then are you able to wiggle it up and down? If this is the prolem then you need to replace the bushings inside the hinge to repair it correctly.