Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

drivers seat location

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by fright89, Jul 26, 2002.

1. fright89

fright89 1/2 ton status

the drivers side seat on my 89 is not centered in front of the steering wheel. It is off to the right about 3 inches.
    Is that right? This could be the doings of the previous owner. Dont remember the 84 being that way.
    Now that i noticed it it is starting to bug me.

Hey fatboy blazer whats going on up in Worcester. keeping all thoes coffee can cars out of your way?
    Any good wheeling this summer?

2. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

That's weird, should be centered. Yours may be different, but with my 76, if you look underneath the truck bed, you'll see re-enforced bolt holes for the seats and with the correct bracket, the seat would be centered. Maybe they put in some strange bracket that didn't fit right and used stock holes on one side and drilled new for the other. The only way that seat would be off center AFAIK is if the bracket itself is off and so not the right one for the truck.

3. fright89

fright89 1/2 ton status

I took a closer look at this and the floor is all nice and new under there and the seet is off at
    most an inch.
    It is mounted into the right holes. Looks like the floor was not put in quite right. so its just off a bit.
    still bugs me when i start to notice it too much. Oh well at least the new floor is good and solid.

4. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

That would annoy me to no end. You could always drill new holes in the right spot, and use a good solid backing plate between the nut and floor, so the seat is solid.