Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

drivers seat

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by whiteandredk5, Dec 12, 2001.

1. whiteandredk5

whiteandredk5 Newbie

Dec 12, 2001
    The drivers seat on my 83 K5 has broken and I imagine that mine was not the first to break. Something where the seat would normally fold (if it were a folding seat) let go and it now is only useable if I have the back seat folded up to lean against. It probably happened from kids in the back seat using the seat to pull themselved up to the front and from me bouncing around. Just wondering if anyone has had the same problem, knows of a way to fix, or knows where to buy a replacement. Thanks!
  2. You can go to a scrap yard and pick up a pair of seats out of a mini van, van, truck etc. and just have some mounts built or mount it to floor if they are high enough. I know that quite a few people here have done it and would probably have a better insight than I do. (for the pair they usually run $25-$50)

American by birth, Marine by the grace of God
  3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Dec 13, 2000
    I'd be interested to hear from someone that has done it, but GM seems to be pretty good about keeping the actual seat bolt pattern the same among different models. Unless someone has already done it, (I'm not even positive the seats are just bolted to the tracks actually) I'd hit a large wrecking yard, and compare your seat bottoms (not the rails) to other GM vehicles. As someone mentioned, vans or S-10's would be good places to look. If you find something similar, take a seat out of another K5 (if there are some in the yard, and see how the bolt pattern matches up. It's free at least. : )

Personally I don't like adding more holes to the floors, and the floors are pretty flimsy as is.

My tech/links page: <a target="_blank" href=http://www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html>www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html</a>
    Why insist on counting when the ring gear has the tooth counts stamped in?
  4. sinchphoto

sinchphoto 1/2 ton status

Mar 7, 2000
    I put a pair of reclinable buckets in my blazer. picked em up for a 100 bucks. gray and super clean. they are passenger seats from an astro van. new holes had to be drilled and added back up plates for support. but they work very nice.