Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

drivers side window

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by NEK5, Jan 27, 2006.

1. NEK5

NEK5 3/4 ton status Premium Member

well once again i am having trouble with my drivers side window...a few months ago i put a new motor in...worked great..now my window will only go down about and inch...sometimes less...and it will just stop...the motor doesnt sound like its making any noise when it stops so i`m not sure wat to assume..you can force then window down about an inch and it goes up with no problem at all....any idea?

2. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Window motor overheats and shuts down. Clean and lube the window tracks and hope you have not damaged your motor.

3. maynardogle

maynardogle 1/2 ton status

The electric switches on the door often get fried and the motor will be fine but there is so much resistance in the switch, the voltage at the motor will be to low and the motor will stall. The switches (drivers door pair) are a "HELP" part and cost about $30. Before you spring for them, hot wire your existing motor with a pair of wire direct from the battery and see how it does.

4. 2Dogs

http://coloradok5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156348&highlight=aftermarket+door+switches

5. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

also the newer window motors suck. my friend had a camaro and it would eat them like clock work. but clean all of the old lube out and dirt. then lube up with white lithem grease and try that.

6. 2Dogs

Don't get rebuilt. My last set - Napa part # 655-1374 - is holding up well. These are NEW and cost a little more.